Congratulations to everyone who raced at Loon yesterday. We had lots of fast runs, a couple missed gates, and a few crashes…welcome to ski racing. I was so pleased with everyone’s effort and I hope they enjoyed themselves. Just a heads up sometimes the Valley News runs short stories on local youth sporting events that run in the sports section of the Thursday edition.
We now look to go back to back with our second race of the season this Saturday January 28 when we actually have two options described below.
Option 1. Mt Sunapee U10 Kombi – this is a USSA U10 only race and is always well done and I would encourage everyone to attend. Its not too late to register if you have not already. We will meet in front of the Spruce lodge (the older lodge) on snow ready to ski at 8:15am. Bib pick up is either upstairs in the Spruce Lodge or in the little gray building next to the triple lift. Otherwise same drill as this past weekend at Loon.
Option 2. Suicide 6 Masters of the Mountain – unfortunately this super fun event conflicts with the Sunapee race and we will not staff it with any U10 coaches. However the DEVO team is going so if your child is not a USSA member or if you have a DEVO athlete and can’t be in two places at the same time your U10 skier is welcome to attend this race and can hope in with the DEVO crew. You will need to register by the end of the day tomorrow. I have included the event summary and registration link below.
Event Schedule for Suicide 6:
- 7:45 am Registration opens
- 8:45 Lifts open by for Course inspections
- 10:00 Competition Begins
- We run both courses at the same time… We will split the field up and run the younger half of the field on the race course and start the older athletes on the Slope Style event…
- Awards Approx 1 Hr after competition ends
- Awards will be given to the top 3 finishers in each age Category
- 4:00 – 6ish Ski area is hosting sledding party with music in the lodge / bar area
Registration Link for Masters of the Mountain: